Skip to main content

Weigh in's and crafty purchases

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
On Tuesdays I weigh in. My younger sister and I are keeping each other accountable. So today, I weighed in at 188.8... 10.2 lbs lost in 7 weeks. I've been following the Keto diet guidelines and it has really helped my blood sugars stay even... if that's even really possible. Let's just say I haven't had a serious high or low since I started and that on it's own is a huge motivator for me. Slow weight loss is still weight loss. My A1C is 6.4 and that's the lowest it's been since my diagnosis three years ago. My insulin needs are much less and hopefully that will help with this stubborn weight too.

yarnsupply.com
Today I went to Michael's craft store and bought some yarn today, my boys have been asking forever for me to knit them socks so I figure I would. I bough some Patons Kroy Socks yarn in Blue Striped Ragg.
 I've never used this yarn before but the colors are great and I was thinking I'll make everyone in the family the same pair so when we go hiking we'll all be wearing the same socks... LOL! I think I'll need three skeins of yarn to knit hubby's socks but I'm pretty sure my younger two will only need one each. My oldest is almost 10 and he and I can fit in the same size. 

Click on photo to follow me on Instagram!
I also went to my local craft store today, Craft Warehouse They have a nice selection of most crafts and hobbies. I picked up some fat quarters and zippers to make some knitting project bags. My mom suggested that I put them on Etsy but I don't know if I'm that good of a sewer yet to put them up for sale. 




"The Boys Who Lived" sock yarn
Sunday and Monday I bought some yarn from Etsy. One of the colorways I've wanted for a while but had to wait for a new batch to be dyed  called "The Boy Who Lived" from Crazy Dog Yarns (currently sold out!) 




"Anne of Green Gables" sock yarn



The other is named after one of my all time favorite heroines Anne Shirley, "Anne of Green Gables" from The Yarn at Home Mom shop. I can't wait to have them in my hot little hands and make some beautiful socks or what not... probably socks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get this started... again.

It's been over a year since the last time I blogged and I said last time that I hope to be able to keep it up! I'm not promising anything right now but I do hope to be more active on the blogosphere. I've been fairly busy, let me catch you up on what we've been up to! We bought a log cabin out in Pine Hollow, Oregon and we have been going up nearly every weekend since then. We didn't have to do much to it but we did add a wood burning pizza oven and a covered picnic area, added a hot tub and put in an air conditioning unit. This week it was in the high 90's and I thought I was going to die, ha ha ha! I guess you could say that I'm not a fan of the heat! I have really expanded my Etsy shop the last 8 months or so. Unfortunately for me and a lot of other sellers Etsy seller fees are going up and a lot of us have been looking for an alternative. I have decided to move my shop to Fiber Crafty , it's similar to Etsy in that it's geared to handmad

My life so far...

In my adult life I have started blogging about 1,000 times. I had different blogs for different topics and moods... I've decided to start blogging in a way that is more like a journal. I can't juggle what to put in what blog and sometimes it feels repetitive and uninspiring. One place to put all my thoughts on the hobbies that I'm pursuing at the moment instead of a different one for paper crafting, knitting, my health journey and our homestead. It's too much and I found myself unmotivated to do any of them after a while. My mother likes to write, my older sister has a degree in journalism, I think it's part of our DNA... I hated writing in school but I love reading, I loathe math but I find Biology interesting and I absolutely adore history!  Some of my current interests are knitting and spinning wool and fiber into yarn, quilting and sewing, learning to live with Type 1 Diabetes (I was diagnosed just over 2 years ago!), raising our animals on our little farm,